The 2018 tax season is now upon us, and with that comes tax documentation to assist you in filing your return. All official tax reporting information will come directly from Schwab. Please see below for timelines (varies by document type).
1099 – Paper Mailing
- For retirement accounts, you should have already received your Form 1099-R.
- For taxable accounts, 1099 Composite and Year-End Summaries will be mailed between February 1st and February 28th, depending on the type of investments held in your accounts.
- Paper forms will be delivered through regular U.S. mail and recipients should allow 5-7 business days for delivery.
1099 – Online Availability
- Schwab expects 1099s to be available online by Friday, February 15th. They may be available earlier, depending on the type of investments held in your accounts.
- Electronic forms will be available through your Schwab login. Schwab will send an email notification when your forms are ready.
Tax Document Delivery Settings
Most likely, your tax document delivery setting is the same as your monthly statement and trade confirmation setting. If you are uncertain of your current tax document delivery setting, or if you would like to change it, please reach out to your Bell Relationship Manager. We will be happy to assist you. If your Bell Relationship Manager is not available, or if you are calling after normal business hours, you may update your setting preferences by logging in to your Schwab account profile: Schwab.com/myprofile. You will need your Schwab login ID and password. You may also contact Schwab at 800-515-2157.