We Focus on Your Finances so You Can Focus on Your Life
Do you have an investment portfolio, but feel like the choices made in the past are no longer serving you today? Or are you new to investing, and want to make sure you make the best choices with your wealth while avoiding pitfalls along the way? Whether you have an established portfolio or are just getting started, getting a seasoned perspective can help you set your course and stay on track. And we will work with you to adjust that course when life changes.
How We Begin
At Bell, we take a personal approach to help you take charge of your financial life. We consider what’s working for you, what’s not, and what’s next. We create a portfolio that aligns with your risk tolerance and values, helping you make progress towards your short- and long-term goals. Supporting you and your financial future is our priority, and we leverage our expertise and experience to help you in your journey.
When you begin working with your Bell team, your advisor will:
- Start with a complimentary consultation. We listen. We get to know you, and what is important to you. We discuss your history with investing, what has worked for you and what hasn’t. We discuss your goals – where you are trying to go. And we talk about your relationship with risk.
- Run a Portfolio X-Ray of your current holdings for in-depth analysis. We discuss whether your current investments are serving your goals and values. We also provide a tax analysis, in order to select strategies for each account that are optimized and tax-efficient. This analysis will also guide us in executing portfolio changes in a tax-sensitive way.
- Based on our findings, we design a portfolio that is specific to you, taking your goals and values into consideration. We offer a broad inventory of investment strategies that can be combined and customized to meet your unique needs.
When you are a Bell client, we will help you develop and manage a portfolio that serves your goals and represents your values. We will provide our expertise and guidance to help you along the way. We want our clients to feel supported and well taken care-of, knowing that we are looking out for their best interests.
Over time, your Bell advisor will:
- Have regular review meetings, discussing how changes in your life (job changes, children, retirement) might affect our investment strategy recommendations over time.
- Keep tabs on your portfolio and periodically rebalance assets.
- Help you navigate complex issues like inheritance, retirement income planning, tax strategies, and legacy planning (and consult your financial plan, if applicable).
- Send monthly client letters, detailing the recent developments in the market and economy.
- Invite you to webinars, explaining our current thinking on the market, and what actions might benefit our clients.
- Work collaboratively as a team to ensure that you are fully supported. Every client receives care from their own Bell team: at least one Advisor and one Relationship Manager.
Our Fiduciary Responsibility
As a registered investment advisory firm, we hold ourselves — and are legally held — to the fiduciary standard. This means that we have a legal duty to act in your best interest. We are fee-only advisors, and do not sell any products that involve commissions.
We have an in-house investment research team, leveraging institutional data to optimize individual client accounts. Our investment committee routinely analyzes hundreds of funds for quality positioning for our clients.
With over 100 combined years of Financial Services experience, our purpose is, To Improve Financial Futures, One Client at a Time. Our investment committee meets on a regular basis to analyze market trends and economic conditions. These key meetings provide the forum for our investment management decisions and actions.
For investors who want growth and whose financial goals can tolerate the total risk of the stock market. We use low-cost index funds for investors in accounts that will benefit from optimized tax efficiency.
A systematic approach that selects securities which share characteristics (factors) that have historically driven competitive returns. Includes the Momentum factor.
Good for defensive investors who want growth but whose financial goals cannot tolerate the total risk of the stock market. We use bond funds and total returns funds to manage risk.
Social impact filters can be applied to growth-oriented strategies, for investors seeking to align their portfolio with their values. This is accomplished through the deliberate inclusion or exclusion of selected industries.
The Bell Investment Process
When you work with us investing becomes a highly personalized experience. We start by listening, and getting to know you, and what’s important to you. Our clients want good returns on their investments, but always want to feel good about where they put their hard-earned money.
The next step is designing a portfolio that is specific to your needs and values. We offer a broad inventory of investment strategies that can be combined and customized to meet your unique needs.
Meet Our Investment Committee
With over 100 combined years of Financial Services experience, our purpose is, To Improve Financial Futures, One Client at a Time. Our investment committee meets on a regular basis to analyze market trends and economic conditions. These key meetings provide the forum for our investment management decisions and actions. We then communicate insights in our monthly client letters, quarterly newsletters, and quarterly investment committee webinars for the benefit of our clients. We work diligently to help you stay on track.
The Investment Committee is a subset of the Bell team. Every client receives care from at least one dedicated Investment Advisor and one Relationship Manager. Our team members work collaboratively to ensure that all needs are satisfied.